Northgard is filled with six main clans to choose from, each with its own playstyles and abilities. Each of the clans has different bonuses and their play style and strategy are a little different, which means you should try each of them to see who will fulfill your desires.
This guide will show you Clan Tier List and what’s the Best Clan for you.
Northgard: Clan Tier List | What’s The Best Clan For You
In Northgard, every player starts with choosing a Clan. Each clan has different characteristics and bonuses unique to that Clan.
There are Base clans that are free for everyone to choose from, while other ones are only available by purchasing DLC.
Eikthyrnir – Stag
This clan is the best option for beginners who wants to learn about the basics of the game. It is best for expanding your territory and aiming for a Fame victory.
- You start with 75 Food, Wood, Krown and +40 Lore.
- The Hall of Skalds replaces the Brewery and produces additional Fame.
- At 200 Fame Supplies, you gain +50 Food, Wood and Krowns, +25 Lore and +5 Stone.
- At 500 Fame Dedication, upgraded buildings gain an additional 10% production bonus, all production gets +1% per 100 Fame.
- Hlidskjalf – Gives your Warchief the Annexation ability. Whenever your Warchief decolonizes a zone, you colonize it for free.
Heidrun – Goat
The best clan option to survive in the medieval landscape. Recommended for players who have a defensive style of playing and expanding their base slowly.
- Start with 1 Sheep and can build two Sheepfolds.
- Increases the production bonus of your feasts by 20%.
- All Military Experience suffer -20% penalty.
- At 200 Fame -Shepherd: gives 2 free Sheeps, and you can have an additional Sheepfold and their Food production is increased by 10%.
- At 500 Fame – Team Work: you gain 1 free feast per year. Your Defense Towers gain +25% resistance when feasting. You gain one free Feast per year.
- Eldhrumnir: +20% Feast bonus, -50% Feast cost. Your units regenerate health during a Feast and you can build an additional Sheepfold.
- Start with three Sheep instead of one.
- Start with the Defensive Strategy Knowledge. +100% on Defensive Strategy bonuses.
- Feasts last two months instead of one.
Fenrir – Wolf
This is the best clan to choose for players who are willing to fight. This clan is focused on aggression and war with a formidable military.
- Killing a Wolf provides 15 Meat, Brown Bear and Kaija provides 120 Meat.
- Your military units consume 30% less Food and military units grant Happiness.
- Whenever you have no military units, the first unit recruited is free. Following units cost starts at 25 Krowns.
- At 200 Fate – Dominion: Your Berserker can colonize cleared areas for free.
- At 500 Fame – Assault: Your military units gain a 15% Attack bonus when fighting outside your territory. Dominion cooldown is reduced by 50%.
- How of Managarm: Summons up to 3 White Wolves under your control for 50 Food each, with the cost being reduced by half if you build it in a Wolf Den tile.
- They can be summoned every 2 months. If you summon 3 wolves and lose 2 of them, the next time the Horn of Managarm is off cooldown and you are able to summon only 2 wolves.
- Meat provided by Wolf or Brown Bear is increased by 100%
- Your Berserker gains +20% Attack Power and defense and his recruitment cost is reduced by 20%.
- Happiness provided by your military units is increased by 100%.
Huginn and Muninn – Raven
This clan is the best option to attack by sea and they are also great traders.
- Can colonize with Krowns instead of Food. You can spend Krowns to accelerate the arrival of new villagers to your Town Hall. All Krowns incomes are increased by 15%.
- Trade routes with the homeland are available and earn more Krowns. Good Trades Routes offer a 10% discount.
- Can build the Harbor to explore coastal areas and lates send Mercenaries attacks. Upgrading a Harbor grants +20% exploration speed.
- At 200 Fame – Mercenaries from Homeland: You can hire Mercenaries from your Harbor and send them to raid coastal areas without a Town Hall on it. Upgrades for your raids are available at the Forge. You are able to assign 3 more Sailors in your Harbor with a Lighthouse.
- At 500 Fame – Sea Supremacy: You are able to send your Mercenaries to coastal zones with a Town Hall. More upgrades for your raids are available at the Forge. Your raids will use Fire Javelins, damaging buildings upon raiding.
- Naglfar – Allows you to send two Son of Hyrmr to raid coastal tiles.
- Receive recruits bonus every 200 Fame.
- Colonizing with Krowns costs -30%.
- When hiring Mercenary raid, it is doubled.
Bjarki – Bear
This clan is for players who are focused on defense as you focus on your territories and plan accordingly, especially during winter.
- During winter, Food and Firewood penalties are reduced by 30%
- Instead of having reduced power, your military units gain 10% resistance bonus during winter.
- You can summon Kaija, the Armored Bear for 40 Krowns and 40 Food. Also can summon Shield Maiden who has more defense than regular Warchief and replace it.
- At 200 Fame – Kindred Spirit: Having Kaija or the Shield Maiden in an area, increases local production by 15%.
- At 500 Fame – The Bear Awakens: You gain +3 Fame per enemy unit killed in an area with the Shield Maiden. Your military units gain 1% power per 100 Fame.
- Scabbard of Gram: Your Warchief wields the sword Gram. Enemies hit by Gram are frozen, along with the area around them. Gives +10% attack, +10% defense to Shield Maiden.
- Start with Kaija, the Armore Bear, she has +10% Attack Power and defense.
- Shield Bearers start with their weapon improved.
- Start with the Scabbard of Gram relic available.
Slidrugtanni – Boar
This clan is the best option for players who like a quick play style. It is powerful clan in the early game granting you with population bonuses allowing you to easily expand. They are focused on gathering Lore and aiming for Lore victory.
- The Mender’s Hut replaces the Healer’s Hut. Menders produce 1 Lore while not healing instead of food.
- Learning a new Lore gives 20 Fame instead of 15.
- Each additional territory gives +2 max population.
- No happiness penalties for non-upgraded houses or Town Hall.
- At 200 Fame – Heritage: You gain one free Knowledge.
- At 500 Fame – Greater Blessings: All blessings have upgraded effect.
- Mask of Gullinbursti: Produces +6 Food. You can pay 100 Lore to summon one Giant Boar. It is controllable as long as it is not in combat.
- Menders produces +50% more. Their total cost no resources and forge time is divided by 2.
- Altar of Kings cost is reduced by 50% and gives 50% more.
- Whenever upgrading your townhall, you gain three free building upgrade.