In the new Beta version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Activision Blizzard added a new feature where players have to link their phone number to Battle.Net or Steam account in order to play the game. This is a perfect layer of security against the cheaters, and each player has to verify their identity with their personal number. Because it is a “must” feature to play the game, some of the players have an issue linking their phone numbers and can’t access the game.
In this guide, you can find How To Link Phone With Modern Warfare 2!
How To Link Phone in Modern Warfare 2
If you bought the game on Steam or any other platform, you will be required to link your phone number in order to play the game due to security concerns.
To link your phone to Modern Warfare 2, you can follow the steps below:
- You can verify your phone by using the link below, or you can click on the button “Go To Steam Account”
- In the Steam browser, click on Verify with SMS code.
- Type the code that you received through an SMS.
- If you don’t receive any SMS, just click “Cancel” and on the next window you can click on “Change Number”.
- In the next window page, click on “Yes, use my authenticator” from Via Mobile Auth section.
In this way, you can remove the phone number from your account in order to link a new one.
- Open up the Steam App and in viewing confirmation, confirm the request to change the phone number. Then you can enter the new phone number
- You will need to verify the new phone number through your email address. Once you verified the number on your email, on the next window page on Steam, click “Next”, and continue with the process.
- Enter the new code that was sent to your phone, and press click “Next”.
- At the last window page, you will receive a note that your account’s phone number has been successfully updated.
After this phone number verification, it will be linked to Modern Warfare 2, and you will be able to launch and enjoy the game.