Modern Warfare 2 Open Beta is finally here and offers an extreme action game experience for the fans. Unfortunately, some of the players were reporting an error that appears at the launching of their games, saying “Your GPU driver version does not meet the minimum requirements”. Yes, we know that this is very frustrating, but we have a few solutions that might fix this error.
Check this guide to learn How to Fix GPU Driver Version Error in Modern Warfare 2. Let’s get started!
Fix GPU Driver Version Error – Modern Warfare 2
Before starting to fix this error in Modern Warfare 2, you have to check if your system really meets the minimum requirements to run the game.
Below are the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Minimum System Requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
- RAM: 8GB
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon RX 470
- Video Memory: 3 GB
- Pixel Shader: 5.0
- Vertex Shader: 5.0
- Free Disk Space: 25 GB
If your PC meets all these requirements, then you should follow our next methods that will help you updating your GPU driver.
Update Nvidia Driver
To update an Nvidia graphics card, you can either use Nvidia GeForce Experience, assuming you have an Nvidia account and you signed in, otherwise, you can download the latest version from the Nvidia website and install it that way.
- Go to Nvidia website and open NVIDIA Driver Downloads
- Enter the kind of product that you have
- Click “Search”
- If there is a newer version than the one you have, click on Download.
- Once it’s done, open it and follow through the installation process.
- Restart your PC and check if your game error is fixed.
Nvidia GeForce Experience:
- Download the GeForce Experience
- Sign in or create a new Nvidia account
- Click on “Drivers” and then “Check for updates”
- If there is a new driver, make sure to download and install it.
- Once it’s done, check your game if the error is fixed.
Update AMD Driver
If you have AMD Graphic Card, you can go directly to the official AMD website and search for your driver.
- Go to https://www.amd.com/en/support
- Search for your Graphic card and click “Submit”.
- Choose the edition of the Windows that you have, and click “Download” if there is an available driver. You can download Adrenalin Edition which is the gaming version of the driver
- Once it’s done downloading, follow the steps through the installation process.
- Restart your PC, and check if the error is fixed.
Once you update your graphics card driver, you should now receive this error anymore, and you can start enjoying the great game experience in Modern Warfare 2. Good luck!