Unturned is a free-to-play survival game, featuring several different game modes, all of which consist of the same basic concept of zombie survival. There is an option to create a separate game and play with your friends. To find out how just keep on reading our article.
This guide will show you How to Play Unturned with Friends.
How To Play Unturned With Friends
Since the game is released, there were plenty of updates and changes to how the multiplayer is processed in-game. Players have to create and join servers if they want to play a game with their friends.
Creating a server might sound a bit complicated but there is no need for additional programs or hosting services to make it work.
Follow the steps below in order to create a server:
- Open Steam and go to Library. In the Library menu, you need to look for Unturned Dedicated Server. Click on it, and then Install it.
- Once you downloaded and installed it, go to Unturned Dedicated Server, right-click on it and click properties.
- On the properties window, go to Local files, and click “Browse Local Files”.
- Next, you will see the Unturned.exe, which is not the game, instead it is a dedicated server.
- Right-click on Unturned.exe and press Create Shortcut.
- Rename the Shortcut to “Server”.
- On the new “Server” right-click and select Properties. Select the Shortcut menu from the bar, and then below in “Target” bar type: “-nographics -batchmode +lanserver/01” as is shown in the image below. Press Apply and Run it.
- Once you Run the Sever, it will start mounting the core. Wait for it to finish and load.
- Go back to the folder, and go to Servers > 01 >Server > Commands.dat
- In the Commands file, make sure to type:
map [map name here]
password [server password here]
maxplayers [number here]
- Save the file, go back to the folder, launch your server again, and wait for it to load.
- Launch your game, and keep the server open. In-game menu, go to Servers, and then click LAN. Here you will find your server. Click on the server and Press join.
The terms of connecting will be the exact same if you port forwarded it. Instead of typing +lanserver, you will type +internet server. If you have port forward it correctly, it should work fine.