Age of Empires 4 is a popular strategy game where you can form your own armies and wage war against your enemies. While most players are having fun and are enjoying it, many are wondering how to change the language in the game. In this guide, we will tell you how to change the language in the Age of Empires 4.
The game is currently available only for PC for Microsoft Game Pass via the Xbox app and the Steam Store. The developers have made the game accessible to players across the world by adding support for multiple interface and audio languages in the game. To change the language in Age of Empires IV, follow the steps below:
Do note that steps are different depending on whether you are using Windows 10 or Windows 11 on the Xbox app. We have mentioned the methods for both these operating systems below:
1. Close the Microsoft Store and Xbox app if it is running in the background
2. Now open the settings app on your PC. Click on the Time & Language and then select the Language & Region option from this menu,
3. Click on the “+” button where it says “Add a preferred Language” under the “Preferred Language” section
4. Next add a language of your choice and then move it to the top of the list so language gets changed next time you open Age Of Empires IV
This language change will now take effect across all the apps you have installed from the Microsoft Store and the Xbox app including Age of Empires IV.
1. Open the Settings app on your PC after closing the Xbox app.
2. Click on Time & Language and then select the Language & Region option
3. Add your preferred language and move it to the top of the list. This will ensure that your preferred language is active in the game
If you have downloaded and installed the game via Steam then you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Steam on your computer and head over to the Steam Library.
2. A list of all the games installed on your PC will now be visible. Look for Age of Empires IV and then right-click on it.
3. Click on Manage and then select the Properties option.
4. Look for the language tab here and then select the language of your choice
5. Once you select the language from the menu. Steam will now download and install the language pack and it will be active in the game.
That’s it, you have now successfully changed the language in Age Of Empires IV. Now its time to train your army and conquer new lands in the game!