In the new 2.8 update in Genshin Impact, Heizou is introduced as a 4-star Anemo Catalyst character which comes with some interesting build potential. While he is being released, we can reveal his abilities and builds that match him perfectly.
This guide will show you the Heizou Optimal Builds, Teams, and Weapons in Genshin Impact!
Genshin Impact: Heizou – Complete Guide, Optimal Builds, Teams & Weapons
Shikanoin Heizou is a character with a big DPS potential and strong elemental support. His fabulous flurry of punches infused with Anemo can easily swirl opponents that are afflicted with elements, and even can swirl off of his teammates’ skills or burst.
Heizou has Anemo Vision and uses a Catalyst, and all of his attacks deal Anemo damage. He has a pretty low basic attack, but his Anemo damage is increased by his Ascension stat.
- Tapping the skill button performs a Heartstopper Strike punch dealing Anemo damage, and if you hold it, creates a bigger blow. While charging the skill, he will receive the Declension effect that increases the damage based on the hold duration.
- Heizou jump up and kick an Anemo Vacuum Slugger towards his opponent. The Vacuum Slugger will explode upon hit and creates an Arresting Windtunnel which is drawing in nearby enemies and deal AOE Anemo damage.
- If the Vacuum slugger hits opponents affected by Electro, Cryo, Pyro, or Hydro, they will get the Windmuster effect. This effect can be received by a maximum of four enemies at once.
Paradoxical Practice – Passive 1
- Once he creates a Swirl reaction, he will gain one Declension stack for his elemental skill which can be triggered once every 0.1 seconds.
Penetrative Reasoning – Passive 2
- After Heizous’ elemental skill hits an opponent, it will increase every ally’s elemental mastery by 80 for a total of 10 seconds.
Pre-Existing Guilt – Passive 3
- This will decrease the sprinting stamina consumption by 20% including only your party members. It can’t be stacked with your passive abilities to provide the same effect.
Heizou Optimal Builds
Playing Heizou as your team’s primary DPS character, then he will be mostly fighting on the field. However, it is not only advisable to support him with strong off-field characters but to increase his overall and elemental damage. He can be matched with plenty of weapons:
- Solar Pearl: It is a 4-star catalyst that increases the damage of attacks and special abilities. Normal attack hits increase elemental skill and elemental burst damage by up to 40% for six seconds.
- Skyward Atlas: A 5-star catalyst that increases the attack stat of its bearer and provides a bonus to elemental damage up to 24%. Normal attacks have a 50% chance to deal up to 320% extra Attack damage through the favor of the clouds. Can occur once every 30 seconds.
- Lost Prayers To The Sacred Winds: A 5-star catalyst that increases the elemental damage a bit more than the Skyward Atlas, but it takes a bit more time to build up the stacks of the corresponding effect. This weapon gives additional movement speed, which benefits Heizou a lot as a melee fighter to close the gap between himself and the opponent.
- Mappa Mare: This is a 4-star catalyst that increases elemental damage up to 16% for a duration of 10 seconds when triggering reactions and has a max of two stacks.
- The Widsith: A 4-star catalyst that increases critical damage. Randomly increases attack, elemental damage, or elemental mastery stats.
What Heizou mostly requires in a team is a lot of Sub-DPS and a Support that can help him get off as many swirl reactions as possible. Because of this reason, the best option is a character that has persisting effects even when they are out of the field. The following teams with Heizou are mostly effective:
- Heizou (DPS), Xingqiu (sub-DPS), Fischl (sub-DPS), Bennett (support).
Xingqiu, Fischl, and Bennett contribute damage, elemental effects, and healing through their abilities even when they are off the field. Heizou will absorb their elemental effects and provide a lot of additional damage.
Diona or Bennett is there for healing, though both can also play their part in spreading Cryo and Pyro for vaporize or freeze reactions.
He has only one artifact set that works best for him. A full set of Viridescent Venerer is the perfect equipment for Heizou. This artifact set will increase Anemo damage by 15% at two used pieces and lowers enemy resistance to whichever element was last absorbed by Swirl at four pieces.
At four pieces will increase Swirl damage by 60%, and decreases opponent’s Elemental resisrance to the element infused in the Swirl by 40% for 10 seconds.
The following stat distribution is optimal here:
- Plume: Attack (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Attack %, Elemental Mastery (sub stats).
- Flower: HP (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Attack %, Elemental Mastery (sub stats).
- Sands: Attack % (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Attack, Elemental Mastery (sub stats).
- Goblet: Anemo Damage (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Attack %, Elemental Mastery (sub stats).
- Circlet: Critical Damage (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Attack %, Elemental Mastery (sub stats).