Fortnite is one of the most popular battle royale titles with over 400 million registered users in the game. By using skins in the game, players have the freedom to customize the looks of their characters. However these skins can be really expensive making it hard for the majority of the people to obtain them.
In this guide, we will tell you all the ways that you use to get free skins in the game.
Fortnite: How to Get FREE Skins
1. Completing Special Quests: There are plenty of special events and quests hosted by Epic Games that players can complete to obtain cosmetic items such as skins in the game.
2. Amazon Prime Gaming Membership: Those who have an Amazon Prime membership also have the ability to access Prime gaming which offers players a chance to claim free skins in Fortnite and various other games from time to time.
3. Limited-Time Event and Cups: There are various limited-time events and cups that are held from time to time which offers players a chance to win cosmetic items before they are available publicly in the Item shop of the game.
One example is the recently hosted Wonder Woman Cup in the game which allowed players to earn the Wonder Woman skin for free before it was released to the public.
Do look out for these limited-time events and cups that are available in every season so you can earn some cosmetic items.
4. Playstation Plus Membership: If you have a Playstation membership then chances are you will get a chance to claim free Fortnite skins from time to time.
Recently Sony gave away subscribers of the membership a free Sultura skin as a part of the Celebration Pack.
Sony changes these packs from time to time so do look out for them if you want to grab a free skin.
5. Twitch Drops: If you follow popular Fortnite streamers on Twitch then you have a chance to win free skins by watching their streams.
You will need to link your Epic account to Twitch to redeem these items in the game. Do look out for currently ongoing Twitch drops to win a free Fortnite skin
6. Fortnite Crew Membership: Epic Games has recently released a new membership that provides players free skins and V Bucks for a price of $11.99 per month.
As a part of this membership, you will receive 1,000 V Bucks and access to the game’s Battle Pass. Through this Battlepass, you will be able to claim various skins every season for free.
In addition to that, the Fortnite Crew Membership also offers one exclusive skin and other cosmetic items along with other bonuses such as freeloading screen, access to the Save the World portion as well as access to Spotify Premium.
This can be a great deal if you are deeply invested in Fortnite as you get free spins and bonuses every month by purchasing just one membership.
7. Challenge Packs: The Item shop in Fortnite also offers individual challenge packs for players to purchase ranging from $6 to $12 which include cosmetic items including skins.
You will also get access to special challenges which can be completed to earn V bucks in the game. Completing these challenges can give you chance to earn 1,500 to 6,000 V Bucks.
8. Battle Pass: Just like every other online game, Fortnite also offers a Battle Pass in every season that costs 950 V Bucks. By purchasing this Battle Pass, you will be able to unlock various cosmetic items and redeem V Bucks in the game.
These rewards will get unlocked as you progress through various levels of the Battle Pass with the maximum level being 100 and special rewards on offer for players who cross this level.
Another advantage of buying the Battle Pass is the access to special challenges in the game which offer exclusive skins from time to time.
That’s it, these are all the ways that you can follow to earn free skins in Fortnite.
Don’t fall for any shady website that claims to offer free skins in the game by entering your account or bank details as you are likely to lose access to your Epic Games account or even worse end up losing money from your account.
Always make purchases from official sources such as the Item Shop in Fortnite or the Epic Games Store to ensure that you don’t lose your hard-earned money!