Razer is one of the few gaming brands that have a reputation for making good quality products. Unfortunately, the Razer Synapse app isn’t one of them as users have constantly reported various bugs and issues since its launch.
This guide will tell you how to fix the Razer Synapse is not opening issue.
Fix Razer Synapse Not Opening On Windows 10
The Razer Synapse application allows you to configure all of your Razer devices with just a single software and you can easily control various aspects such as assigning Macros, controlling RGB, creating custom profiles etc. While it’s a great tool for controlling all the Razer peripherals connected to your device, it can be pretty frustrating when it refuses to do basic functions such as opening the app.
This mostly happens when some of the device drivers either get corrupted or if there is a missing file in the directory of the application. Sometimes your Antivirus software or Windows Defender may sometimes prevent it from launching on your computer. While there can be reasons behind this issue, you can follow these steps to fix it:
1. Run Razer Synapse as Administrator
The app may refuse to open or run properly due to permission issues in Windows and you can try it running it as an Administrator to fix this issue.
To do so, right-click on the Razer Synapse icon and select the Run as Administrator to check if it works.
In case the issue still persists, you need to open your Task Manager and check whether the Razer Central Service and Razer Synapse Service are running in the background.
If not, then press right-click on both of these services and select the Start or Restart option from the list.
2. Reinstall Razer Synapse
Sometimes the files belonging to the Razer Synapse software might either get corrupted or go missing and to fix this, you will need to reinstall the software.
Follow these steps to reinstall the software:
1. Right-click on your Start button and select the Apps and Feature option
2. Enter Razer in the search bar of the Apps & Features section and the list of all the installed Razer applications will appear.
3. Select Razer Synapse from the list and click on Uninstall
4. Click Yes when the User Account Control prompt appears on your screen.
5. Select the Uninstall option from the Razer window.
6. Click on the Select All option in the left corner to uninstall all the Razer apps and then press the Uninstall button.
7. Tap on the “Yes, Remove” button on the next screen of the uninstall process.
8. Press close to complete the uninstallation process.
9. Download and install the latest version of Razer Synapse from the official website and then follow the instructions during the setup process.
3. Reinstall Razer Device Drivers
Sometimes a new Windows update or Driver update can often result in the device malfunctioning and also hamper the functioning of any related tools or software.
To fix this, you will need to reinstall your Razer device drivers by following these steps:
1. Right-click the Start button on your computer and select Device Manager from the list.
2. Now look for Razer peripherals connected to your computer such as Keyboard, Mouse, Headphones etc in the Device Manager.
You need to search for them in the Keyboards, Mice and other pointing devices and Human Interface Devices list.
3. After you have found a Razer device, right-click on it and select the Uninstall Device option.
4. A prompt will appear on your screen, click on the Uninstall button to proceed further.
This will uninstall any corrupted drivers and then Windows will automatically find and install the latest versions of these drivers for you.
4. Install the latest version of Microsoft.NET Framework
One of the requirements for the Razer Synapse to function properly is the Microsoft .NET Framework and if your computer does not have it installed then the app may not launch.
You will need to install the latest version if you are using an older version of the .NET framework that has been installed on your device.
To do this, head over to Microsoft’s official website and download the latest version of the .NET Framework version for your computer. Run the installer file and it will be automatically installed on your computer.
5. Turn off your Anti Virus software or Windows Defender Firewall
Most of the time, an aggressive Anti Virus software or Windows Defender can prevent third-party apps from launching or working properly since it may flag it as spyware.
To fix it, you will need to whitelist the application in the settings of your Antivirus software or Windows Defender by following these steps:
1. Click on the Start button and type firewall.cpl in the searchbar.Click on it from the search results to open it.
2. Select the option in the left corner “Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off
3. Make sure that Turn off Windows Defender Firewall is selected under Private and Public Network Settings. Click the OK button to save the changes.
5. Check for Windows Updates
If you are using an older version of Windows 10 or below that is no longer supported by Microsoft then chances are that Razer Synapse won’t launch due to compatibility issues. Most of the software is designed to work with the latest version of Windows and an older version can often cause problems.
To fix this, you need to update your Windows version:
1. Click on the Start button and select the Settings icon in the Taskbar.
2. Select Windows Update from the list and press the Check for Updates button. Windows will now check and notify you if any new updates are available. You can then install these updates to your computer by pressing the Install updates button.
That’s it, we hope your launching issue with Razer Synapse is now resolved!