EA Sports just released the most awaited FIFA 23, bringing a whole new football experience for the fans. Unfortunately, there are plenty of reports about the game crashing, and even freezing or not launching on PC which is a big issue for a big game like this. If your game is not running smoothly or you have some of the issues that we mention, then we have a solution for your problem.
In this guide, we will help you to Fix FIFA 23 Crashing on your PC and Freezing/Not Launching!
FIX Crashing On PC & Freezing/Not Launching – FIFA 23
There are many things that can be a reason for game crashes or freezing and not launching. Before you start fixing this issue with some of the methods that we have, make sure to check if your system meets the minimum requirements for the game.
FIFA 23 PC Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: AMD Athlon X4 880K 4GHz / Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz
- Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD 7850
- Memory: 8 GB Ram
- Storage: 50 GB
- Connection: 512 Kbps or faster Internet connection
If your PC doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements for the game, then you can follow the methods below to fix your game.
First Method: Update Windows
Always keep your Windows 10/11 up to date, because it might cause even more and bigger issues on your PC.
- Open your start menu and go to Settings
- Click “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates”. If there are new updates, make sure to click on Install button.
Second Method: Update GPU Drivers
1. NVIDIA Graphic Cards
To update an Nvidia graphics card, you can either use Nvidia GeForce Experience, assuming you have an Nvidia account and you signed in, otherwise, you can download the latest version from the Nvidia website and install it that way.
- Go to Nvidia website and open NVIDIA Driver Downloads.
- Enter the kind of product that you have.
- Click “Search”.
- If there is a newer version than the one you have, click on Download.
- Once it’s done, open it and follow through the installation process.
- Restart your PC and check if your game issue is fixed.
Nvidia GeForce Experience:
- Download the GeForce Experience software on your PC.
- Sign in or create a new Nvidia account.
- Click on “Drivers” and then “Check for updates”.
- If there is a new driver, make sure to download and install it.
- Once it’s done, check your game if the problem is fixed.
2. AMD Graphic Cards
If you have AMD Graphic Card, you can go directly to the official AMD website and search for your driver.
- Go to https://www.amd.com/en/support
- Search for your Graphic card and click “Submit”.
- Choose the edition of the Windows that you have, and click “Download” if there is an available driver. You can download Adrenalin Edition which is the gaming version of the driver
- Once it’s done downloading, follow the steps through the installation process.
- Restart your PC, and check if the game is fixed.
Third Method: Power Plan
When you are using your PC for gaming, always make sure to set it to a high-performance power plan.
To change your power plan, follow the steps below:
- Open Start Menu and click on “System”.
- Select the “Power & Battery” menu, and then click on “Power Mode”.
- Make sure to select Best performance (Windows 11) or High performance mode (Windows 10).
Fourth Method: Run the game As an Administrator
This is very simple method that we always forget to use.
Simply go to the file location of FIFA 23, and then right-click on fifa23.exe, and from the menu click on “Run as administrator”.
Fifth Method: Close Background Programs
There are a lot of programs that are running in the background without knowing, and most of them might cause several issues with crashes on your FIFA 23.
To do it, just open “Task Manager” by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard, and in the Processes menu, choose the application and click “End Task” in the right top corner.
Sixth Method: Game Files
There are many files in the game that can easily get corrupted, and your game will start crashing or freezing and not launching on your PC. To check your files, you can verify the game files from the launcher, Steam or Origin/EA.
- Open Origin or EA app and click on “Game Library”.
- Select FIFA 23 from the menu and right-click on it.
- Click “Repair” from the menu.
- Open your Steam app and search for FIFA 23 in your Library.
- Select FIFA 23 and right-click on it and then select “Properties”.
- Click on “Local Files” and then click “Verify integrity of game files”.
Seventh Method: Reinstall FIFA 23
If none of the methods above helped you to fix FIFA 23 on your PC, then we highly recommend reinstalling the game, which will install completely new files for the game without any issues or corrupted files.
That’s it! Now you can try some of our methods to fix your game and continue enjoying it!