The Dravidians are a South Asian civilization introduced in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition – Dynasties of India, representing the Chola Empire who controlled southern India and stretched across Southeast Asia. The Dravidians focus on infantry and naval units. Another Dravidian trademark is pure versatility.
Their unique units are the Urumi Swordsman, a warrior wielding a scathing flexible sword, and the Thirisadai, a massive vessel that dominates the high seas.
In this guide, we will tell you about the bonuses, unique units, and techs of The Dravidians in Age of Empires II!
Age of Empires II: The Dravidians
Infantry and Naval Civilization
- Receive +200 wood when advancing to the next age.
- Fishermen and Fishing Ships carry +15.
- Barracks technologies cost -50%
- Skirmishers and Elephant Archers attack 25% faster.
- Urumi Swordsman – Dravidian unique infantry unit which can charge its attack. Strong vs. buildings and infantry. Weak vs. archers at long range.
- Armored Elephant – Anti-building cavalry unit. Resistant to most ranged attacks. Weak vs. melee units. Cannot be converted by enemy Monks from distance.
- Thisisadai – Dravidian unique warship that fires multiple projectiles. Strong vs. warships.
- Medical Corps – Elephant units regenerate 20HP per minute.
- Wootz Steel – Infantry and cavalry attacks ignore armor.
Team Bonus: Docks provide +5 population room.