Popular real-time battle strategy game Age of Empires II Definite Edition has introduced a new Downloadable Content expansion, Dynasties Of India, that allows players to play as the Bengalis. The Bengali campaign follows the story of Devapala, the 9th-century Bengali emperor of the Pala dynasty.
This dynasty specializes in elephants and naval units that are more resistant to anti-elephant bonus damage than elephants from other civilizations.
In this guide, we will tell you about the bonuses, unique units, and techs of The Bengalis in Age of Empires II!
Age of Empires II: The Bengalis
The new Bengali civilization is featuring a new unit called Ratha offering both, melee and ranged attack modes. It focuses on elephant and naval units, and researching their unique Paiks technology will help improve elephants units and Rathas.
- Elephant units receive 25% less bonus damage and are more resistant to conversion.
- Town Centers spawn 2 Villagers when the next Age is reached.
- Ships regenerate 15 HP per minute.
- Ratha – Bengali unique chariot that can switch between melee and ranged attacks. Strong vs. Infantry. Weak vs. Skirmishers and Camel Riders.
- Armored Elephant – Anti-building cavalry unit. Resistant to most ranged attacks. Weak vs. melee units. Cannot be converted by enemy Monks from distance.
- Paiks – Rathas and elephant units attack 20% faster.
- Mahayana – Villagers take 10% less population space.
Team Bonus: Trade units yield 10% food in addition to gold.